Sunday, October 2, 2011

"A farewell is necessary before we can meet again"

Sunday. Sunday is the only day left that stands between me and the 1:20pm Monday departure. Here I sit watching the season finale of Doctor Who, remembering my final week, and trying to prepare myself for the emotional rollercoaster of the next couple days.

This has definitely been a week to remember. There were some great moments, ones that will forever be some of my favorite memories, but it also brought some attack from the enemy.  However, it is just like God to work things out and shut down those attacks. I'd like to say I didn't give in to them, but I maybe, possibly had a meltdown or two. On Wednesday my crown didn't fit, but the dentist was able to rush order a new one and I got it put in today and only paid half of what I owed him because he decided to bless me. On Wednesday my ATM card number was stolen and I had to close the card, but the bank was gracious enough to rush order a new card to me which I received on Friday. Both events that caused me to freak out Wednesday morning worked out and after a reminder from a good friend, I knew that it was okay to not be in control. Unfortunately it didn't take me long to forget that because then came packing. Oh, packing. I have packed, unpacked, and repacked three times now. I have cried. I have snapped at the poor souls who have found themselves in my packing warpath. Tonight though, I am at peace with packing. Sunday night or Monday morning might not bring the same sentiment, but for now, I believe the issues have been resolved. I pray God keeps me in this place.

The next couple of days will be a challenge. My going away party may very well turn into a tear fest, but I am so very blessed to have so many people who care about me and want to celebrate with me. I hate to say goodbye, but the hello that comes next will make it worth it. I know that I am doing what the Lord has called me to. That is the comfort I take in goodbye. I might be sad for a few days, but I will be blessed for an eternity.


3 comments:

  1. You truly are blessed. Isn't it nice to think that in heaven your crown will always fit? We love you girl...a little jealous of you...always pulling for you;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO blessed in SO many ways~ so many people that love you here and so many waiting to love you there. Wow, what a thought!!! Praying for you right now while you are boarding and getting ready for your long flight. Look forward to your first post China side. Kiss Will for me and whisper momma is coming. I love you even though we have never met~ isn't God awesome like that??? See you in about 5-6 weeks. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this afternoon Maylie and I watched a plane fly over and thought of you! Praying for you! Can't wait to see lots of photos of you with those too cute for words kids!

    ReplyDelete