Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Three Weeks Strong

Three full weeks have passed since my arrival at SFCV, but with all that has happened it feels like much longer. In those three weeks I have fallen in love all over again. I have fallen into a family that I had hoped for to keep from being lonely. I have fallen into my job with ease and excitement. Every time I try to answer questions of what is going on here, I want to come up with some big, grand story, but it is about the little things here. The sweet smiles that light up the world. The gentle touch of a little hand as it fills mine. The hugs that never end. The unexpected, but always welcome kisses. The little things are what keep me going every day.

We have, however, had a few big things happen since the garage sale. Darling little Melissa left this morning to meet her forever family! It was a complete surprise, but her orphanage called yesterday saying they had a family for her. Also, on Monday, we received a sweet new addition to our SFCV family. His name is George...I named him :) He is so beautiful. I love the way he stares at me with his big eyes and laughs when I make faces at him. He is little, but we will make a fat baby out of him soon enough! I love him so much already and can't wait to spend more time with him.

Meet George.

3 comments:

  1. George is precious and I know he will flourish in such a beautiful place!!! Yay for Melissa but sure it was a shock for everyone. See you in 6 days!!! :)
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...SF will do a great job of fattening little George up! They always do!

    I'm so happy that your time in China is going well so far and know you will continue to enjoy every single moment there for the next year! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your adventures! Even when they aren't "grand" - you're right, it's the little things. There is nothing little in God's eyes. No person, place, or prayer that is too small or petty for God. Some of my favorite "petty prayers" are for finding a parking space in a crowded parking lot. ;o) Looks like you have been super blessed and knee deep in the ministry. Keep it up! Love ya lots!! :-)

    ReplyDelete