Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hanging with the boys

After school, the kids run out to the playground to burn off some energy. The scene is loud and chaotic, but wonderful and full of smiles. Eventually the nannies come to call them in for the evening. The past couple of days I've walked Eric, Tyler, and Henry home. It touches my heart to see the way Eric cares for his "brothers." He always helps Tyler off the trampoline and makes sure he gets his shoes on. He makes me wait so that we can all walk home together. Normally they go right into the house and that is the last I see them until the next day, but Monday and Tuesday, their nanny has let them stay outside with me for a little bit longer. I sit on the curb with Tyler next to me while Eric rides his bike around and Henry continually tackles me. His laughter can break even the greatest sadness. Its moments like these that remind me of why I am here. Just the four of us on the side of the house hanging out like we are in our own world. I wouldn't trade these afternoons for anything in the world. I look forward to every minute I get to spend with my boys.
Eric making faces at me as he rides his bike

Tyler left the curb today for the car

Henry after he tackled me and I rolled him to the grass

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I so wish I could be there with you...thanks for loving on Henry for me:) Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I love "my" boys too! Eric's sweetness in taking care of Tyler is a precious thing to watch and a challenge to develop the same heart of compassion myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious precious boys being loved on by one of the sweetest people in the world!!! Love watching Annie there and now you~ God is SO good to be blessing us all SO big! Praying for you sweet friend!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! Are Tyler and Eric matched with families yet?

    ReplyDelete