Thursday, September 22, 2011

Change of Heart and Location

It is crazy to think that I am moving to China in less than two weeks. For many years I have talked big about moves to places such as New York or Florida or North Carolina, but never followed through because I thought it was impossible to ever leave California or my family. But now, I find myself facing the biggest move of my life and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't terrifying. I would be lying if I said there weren't days when I question my sanity, days when the enemy creeps in and tells me I can't do this, that I will fail. There are days that I actually listen to that voice, but there are also days that I listen to the True Voice. A little over a month ago I was having one of those days of enemy attack in my head, but in my heart I heard this:

Why do you fret, My dear child?
Do you think I will send you where I will not go?
Such a place you cannot find.
Where you are, there I will be.
I called you to this dark land,
But look for Me, I am your light.
When you feel alone, look up.
When you feel afraid, take My hand.
I will give you strength to endure
And peace in even the most tumultuous storm.
Woe to none who go My way,
For eternity is your great reward.

Needless to say, that won out over the talk of failure. It is our nature to doubt, but I know where to find my comfort. I know my purpose is to serve our Father. I know He used the children of SFCV to change my heart and my life forever. I don't know much else, but I am ready for what comes next.

7 comments:

  1. Hello, I am excited to follow your blog as you experience China and the precious children at SFCV! I was very encouraged my what you shared on this post. I too am making a move (next fall) to do mission work. I can't wait to see how God uses you in China! Please show some love to Luke (Tian Yi)in Samaritan's House. He's the little one I sponsor at the time. Thank you and many blessings!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how thrilled I am that you are beginning your blogging life!!! I love the words that brought you peace~ The True Voice will always whisper to your heart. Be still and know that I am God. I am praying for you as you leave all you know and run into the arms of Christ and the children at SF!!! We will be there very soon to see you~ hug Will big when you get there. You are always in my heart!!! God bless you and keep you, may He make His face shine upon you!!!
    In His Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you...Can't wait to see what the Lord does!! What a difference the Lord can make in a year, here's to this one:) Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll follow your blog and will be glad to meet you at SF when we will go there, hopefully it will be very soon :)

    Lydie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited for all the things that God has in store for you and the blessings others will receive because you are there. I'm sad that you will be away from all of us for so long, but my heart is joyful for the work God has planned for you. :-) Love you lots!

    - LO

    ReplyDelete
  6. We will miss you but we are so excited for you!!! (and a little jealous!) You get to be surrounded by these precious kids every day!! The girls and I will be praying for you and following along. I wish you were closer to Jiangxi so we could visit you when we're in China. God is going to bless your socks off!
    Lots of love,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete