Sunday, December 23, 2012

Thankful in December

I was lucky enough to spend the month of November home in California with my incredible family and friends. Even though I was there for almost 4 full weeks, the time seemed to fly by and it was over before I could see everyone and do everything. I did, however, come up with a ridiculous list of things for which I am thankful:
western toilets, flushing paper in said toilets, high speed internet, netflix and hulu on said high speed internet, drive thru food (although I don't really eat it, I appreciate the convenience factor), MY drink at Starbucks (the drinks are limited here), driving...
I know those are such silly things, but when you live somewhere that you can't have these things, you learn to appreciate the little things.

Now that I am back in China, life is a little different than before. Most of the kids I was attached to have been adopted. It is definitely a bittersweet feeling because they are exactly where I have prayed for them to be: in a forever family. Visiting with Henry back home was a huge blessings. I don't usually get to see the other side of it, life after Shepherd's Field. It gave me an even greater respect and admiration for the families who adopt, not just from here, but the orphans of the world. I am so grateful the Lord has given me the brief moment in time to be here with these beautiful children.

This year, Christmas is actually a little white. We had some snow fall last week and while it hasn't snowed since, it is so cold out that the snow won't melt. Most of it is more ice than snow now, but it is still white. I am hoping that I can Skype/FaceTime with my friends and family back home for the holiday, but if not, I want you all to know that I love you so dearly and miss you every minute. I look forward to our time together again in the spring. Until then, continue to pray for me, the children, and ShepField as a whole. We definitely feel the covering and pray for you in return.

Here are a few pictures of the last week or so:





1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas! So glad your trip home was wonderful. Will lift you all up at SF. If you are ever in Indiana, stop by for a visit with our family. You weren't at SF when our Philip lived there (2008), but you could meet him just the same!

    :)
    the Bourkes
    janet, kevin, ted, philip, sophia, and elijah

    ReplyDelete