Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Sisters are the best friends

When I was home in November, my sister got engaged to her long time boyfriend. I am over the moon excited for these two. In my life, I've never known another person like my sister. For all the years of fighting and wanting to kill each other, we are now blessed with a friendship that I could not replace. She is beautiful, funny, sincere, honest, the list goes on... She has the incredible gift of caring for others above herself. I have seen her selflessly give her time and energy to help our family time after time. What sticks in my mind most is the way she has cared for my grandparents. First she was always there to help out with our grandpa before he passed. Now, even in her insanely busy life, she is always willing to help with our grandma. I know what that means to my aunts who care for her full time at home. My sister is not one to waste her gifts. She knows Who they come from and she is not one to waste His blessings either. She seeks the Lord each day and encourages those around her, not only with word, but with action.

David Lim is probably the luckiest man in the world to be marrying such woman as Danielle. He is something special, too. I am so excited to welcome him to the family as my brother. I look forward to many years of happiness for these two who will begin their new life together on June 2, 2013. I know it is a love built around God which is the most beautiful love there is.

Before I returned to China, my sister had asked me to be in her wedding, but yesterday morning I woke up to the "official" invitation:
"And when the roosters are crowing and the cows are doing circles in the pasture!... DUCKS FLY TOGETHER!" Be one of my Ducks?

No comments:

Post a Comment