Thursday, October 25, 2012

One Year Later

A year ago when this blog was started, I thought, "Hey, this is a great way to keep people updated on my life while I'm away." However, as the months passed and the posts grew less and less, I guess we all figured out that I am not very good at this whole blogging thing. I'm going to give it another try.

A few weeks ago, my one year anniversary of coming to China occurred. October 4, 2012. That was the day I was supposed to say 谢谢 and 再见 but that isn't what happened. Just about everyone has been asking me the same question: What's your plan? So what is my plan? I don't have one. My new plan is to not have a plan. I am here now and that is all I know for now. The rest is for God to work out. When He tells me in His timing that I am done in China, I will leave, but until then, here I am and here I'll stay. With that said, I renew my prayer request for continued support while I am here, financially and spiritually. The financial is obvious, but the spiritual may be less obvious. It is easy to run dry when I am not being constantly fed. I know a good deal of that is feeding myself in the Word and prayer, but some of that is the lack of feeding from fellowship with the body. I miss being at church and being involved with my CCLW family. I definitely don't' feel as connected when I go to Beijing, but it is also harder to get involved because the church is not close. It is an hour or more in a taxi so we do not tend to get involved in extra activities outside of the regular Sunday service. One way I have increased fellowship at home is by learning guitar. My roommate has been teaching me which has been great. We play worship songs together almost every day and sometimes we have the other girls in the Inn come sing with us. I really enjoy this time with them.

Anyway, all this is to say, I am staying in China, I miss you all, and thank you for always supporting me!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you Jamie! I promise to pray for you faithfully. Take comfort in knowing that you have love and support all over this world! Thanks for the update. Look forward to hearing more from you soon. Miss you! XOXO <3 Bec

    ReplyDelete