Saturday, December 17, 2011

Safe in the Father's arms

On Friday, December 16, 2011, we lost a sweet little boy by the name of Austin. He came to us not more than a month ago with a very complex heart condition. He was very blue and we hoped that he would have surgery soon, but he never got the chance. Austin wasn't doing well all week, running a high fever. Friday afternoon he was taken to the hospital, but died on the way. What a joy it was to know this dear angel. As we mourn the loss of one ours, we are at the same time thankful for the knowledge that he is with his true Father now.

Last Sunday I was able to spend an extended amount of time with Austin. The girls went to Beijing for the day, but I needed rest so I stayed behind. The power went out leaving me with little entertainment in my apartment so I decided to go see Austin. I held him all afternoon. Because the power was still out after 5pm, the ayis let me stay in there holding him while my flashlight provided them with enough light to feed the other kids. This was the last time I saw Austin and I know now just how special that time was.

This has got to be the hardest part of this job. I've never dealt with the loss of a baby before, especially one that I already loved so dearly. I pray that as the winter continues, our other heart babies will grow stronger, not weaker. Lord, we commit them all into Your hands. You are our great provider and protector and it is in You we find our strength and comfort.

Austin Xie Minhuang
March 14, 2011 - December 16, 2011
 

3 comments:

  1. Jamie he is precious:( I am so glad you two had special time together and I am also so glad he is with Jesus now. Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I am so, so sorry for your loss of this precious boy! Thankful that you were able to hug and hold him before Jesus took him home. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious precious baby and in the Arms of the One Who loved him best!!! What an amazing thought. Instantly he was with the greatest family he could ever have! I have experienced this loss twice and I know how much it hurts to hold and then let go. I am praying for you as you heal and everyone there at SF. Blessings and love to you all!!! XOXO Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete