Friday, July 19, 2013

Celebrating America in China

Just a couple weeks ago was a holiday that is special to us in America. It is a holiday that represents our freedom and our independence, something that we so often take for granted because it is something that we rarely take the time to consider. I have now celebrated that holiday three consecutive times in China. I love this country, but I am proud to be an American. I am proud to wear my nations colors and celebrate the freedom that so many men and women have died to protect. I am proud to live in a country where we have choices, where we are not censored (well, sort of). And though sometimes I think people should not post everything they are thinking, I am proud to live in a country that allows us to speak freely on social media sites. And though I am not currently living there, America is my home and I am proud of that. God gave us a great nation and I am proud to celebrate it even from the other side of the world.
beginning of a delicious meal

goofy times with Adrian

watermelon seed spitting contest

rainbow

ultimate frisbee before fireworks

best firework show in town

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool. Please let us come next year for Fourth of July! I am so glad you shared your blog.

    ReplyDelete