Saturday, January 7, 2012

Thank you...

I usually write of the smiles and good times and post pictures of beautiful children, but it is not always smiles and good times and beauty. I just hit my three month mark, and while I didn't have the nightmares of the one month mark, it has definitely been the hardest milestone. The spiritual attack and spiritual dryness has been rampant. I can honestly say I have lost focus. I have forgotten why I am here. I have neglected quiet times and strayed from prayer. I have picked fights with those I love. And now here I am, standing in the new year, knee deep in realizations. I am looking forward now to a renewed spirit, to a deeper love, to a greater understanding. I share this because, you, my friends, you are my accountability. You are my prayer warriors. You are my brothers and sisters. Thank you for sticking by me all this time. Thank you for praying with me and for me. Thank you for loving me, especially when I make myself unlovable. Thank you.

Psalm 31:5 "Into Your hand I commit my spirit; You have redeemed me, O Lord, faithful God."

6 comments:

  1. Daughter,
    I love you dearly and think about you often. You are continually in my prayers. I am so proud of you for following God's calling and leaving everything and everybody behhind to do so. We don't know if He called you there for the kids or for your own growth or both. In the future we will look back and have a better understanding of it all. But in the mean time all we can do is keep plodding along. I have been where you are many times in my life, feeling alone and spiritually wandering, but he keeps bringing me back to His love. God is faithful even when we are not feeling it. All I can think of to try to encourage you is that there are many people who love you and are praying for you. I am asked every week by several people at church as to how you are doing, this week my response will be "she is doing fine but is a bit home sick and could use some extra prayers for God's comforting and ecouragement, and send her an email or FB message of love if you can." Well that's all for now, I will work on getting my Skype set up so we can talk.

    I LOVE YOU.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pop! I love you! I am so blessed to have a papa who loves me and encourages me in the ways of the Lord. Hurry up with that Skype so we can make plans for the spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you sweet Jamie!!! You are in our prayers. Thank you for letting us know your prayer requests. I love your humility and honestly. We all battle with these spiritual conflicts and praise God He is control! And the growth that results is a glorious blessing that I'm sure you wouldn't replace for anything. You have taken a step of faith and answered the call of true religion. You are blessed and God will continue to fill you with His Spirit. I know God placed a desire in your heart for these precious ones. These little treasures you are ministering to will continue to bless you like nothing the world can offer. (like comfort and home and security.) Stretching hurts. But oh the rewards! For us, taking the step to adopt, twice, has ripped us from our comfort zone more than we could have imagined. How thankful we are! God has increased our faith, compassion, priorities. I can't believe how blessed we are!
    Lifting you up sweet girl! And let's make a pact to be diligent and faithful in our devotions. (We'll keep each other accountable!)
    Love and prayers,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are on my prayer list for sure!!! Thinking of you each day! Blessings and love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jamie! Thank You for sharing! We are praying for you! That HE will fill you!
    Blessings my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are in my thoughts and can't thank you enough for what you do for the children there!

    Never forget that you make a difference in their life!

    Lydie

    ReplyDelete