Saturday, November 26, 2011

Giving Thanks

I have so much to be thankful for this year. I have an amazing family back in the states who have been so supportive of my new adventure. And now I have an amazing family here. God has given me so much, though I deserve so little. I would love to tell you all about our Thanksgiving fellowship, but instead I'll give you the cliff's note version:

We ate. We laughed. We played games. We laughed more. We watched a movie. We stayed up all night (literally) to watch football...the first game started at 1am.

Here are a few pictures of one of the best nights I've had in China:
Ready for a lovely meal

Our "parents"

The Girls <3

My first plate of food...I won't tell you how many I had.

Almost licked it clean

Ready for a Packers' victory!

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet night for you all! LOVED seeing everyone!!! SO wonderful to be at Baker's home for a very special time of year~ our family is very thankful for ALL of you and SF. WP had a very special day too. He is very loved by all. You are in my heart continuously as all are there. Blessings and love from our family. Give our love to everyone. Especially one little G. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharon! I love seeing WP on your blog. He is missed here, but we are so thankful to see him with his loving family! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie,

    I'm so glad to hear that you had a great Thanksgiving. What a blessing to be right where the Lrod has called you. It is so good to serve the Lord. Love you and enjoy this adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so fun...what a blessing to have such a special night with a special family. God is good...all the time. BUT...we missed you here, the apple pie was from Costco...DELICIOUS:) Love love

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Way!! I cannot believe those pictures where taken in China! They look like Norman Rockwell America. So funny that outside those windows is the bustling world of China. Look like you had a very sweet day! You are so blessed. I know God is using you and blessing you abundantly there at SF. The Thanksgiving dinner looked great too! ......are you sure it was turkey or was it duck?? :o)

    ReplyDelete